Bom dia amigos,
As CiC traffic continues to grow (EEEEPP), I receive more and more questions every day on the blog ask.fm account. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate everyone who takes the time to reach out to me, whether it be for my expertise or my opinion. Howeverrrrr…
Some of the questions that I have received lately have caused me to take a step back and think hard about what is and is not appropriate to be responding to publicly. I want to be honest and open with my readers, but at the same time I must stand by the values and mission of this blog. Before I answer any question, I ask myself, “Would answering this truly be beneficial?” and “What would my answering this say about the blog and about me?”
After taking some time to seriously reflect on what Cath in College is all about, and coming to the conclusion that it is a place for sharing stories, developing perspectives and growing a community, I want to explicitly state here on the blog the concrete guidelines that I will use going forward to determine what I will and will not respond to.
- Address all inquiries regarding my personal experience in college
- Address all inquiries regarding Stanford specifically (from my perspective, of course)
- Respond to all love letters (I still don’t know who wrote my Stanford Crushes and it’s eating me away inside)
- Give my opinion on anything– yeahno, pretty much anything.
- Offer my advice on anything, including applying to college
- Answer all appropriate questions regarding my personal life
- Eagerly accept all comments/criticisms of the blog
- Copy and paste all blatant hate mail into a word doc, print out that word doc, and use it to wipe my butt
I will not…
- Tell you whether or not I think you will get into Stanford based the laundry list of stats that you send me. Sorry. I’m a student, not an admissions officer. I don’t know how it works and I’m not going to make you think I do.
- Disclose creepily specific details about my personal life or my friends’ personal lives
- Answer any questions that I deem inappropriate, although it’s pretty hard to cross that line for me, so you’re probably good.
- Answer anything I don’t feel comfortable answering. Period.
Oh, and everything goes by my terms. (I can be as specific/general as I want, etc.)
Sorry for all the semi-aggressive post, y’all. I hate sounding all strict n’ sh*t, but I gotta draw the line out now so I can go back to being my-usual-self when answering all your questions.
xoxo Yath (Bringin’ it back?)
P.S. VIDEO COMING OUT TONIGHT YAAAAAAY