“Best way to have a casual hookup and never see them again?”
“Which colleges did you apply to? Where did you get in?”
“How do you keep going when you feel like you’re not good enough?”
(( FULL LIST OF QUESTIONS BELOW ))
I must be really bad at site analytics, because in a recent span of just 5 days, 41 unsolicited Dear Readers sent in questions on the CiC ask.fm and I have no idea why. I was surprised, to say the least, to see so many submissions pending when I checked the account last night, considering I usually get only 2-3 per week.*
I absolutely loved this batch of questions, and I wanted to make sure I got to answer all of them. SoooOoooOOOo, I decided to mix it up a bit and do this Q&A in video format. It was SO. MUCH. FUN. Here is a full list of the questions I answered, and their corresponding times on the above YouTube video:
- 0:41 – What are your top 5 favorite things about Stanford?
- 0:53 – How hard was it to make friends when you first came to college? Any tips?
- 1:17 – Are there hot guys at Stanford?
- 1:31 – What was your GPA in high school?
- 1:38 – Any tips for getting into Stanford?
- 1:54 – How important are guy friend relationships to you? How do you keep that on a friend level?
- 2:28 – How’s the food at Stanford?
- 2:42 – Is it hard to balance academics and athletics in college?
- 2:55 – Best way for a casual hookup and not see them again?
- 3:00 – How many hours do you study a day?
- 3:24 – What do you wear on a typical day at college?
- 3:31 – How many parties are there at Stanford?
- 3:48 – Which college do you attend?
- 3:57 – Are people from sororities and frats mean?
- 4:15 – What gets you up early when you sleep so late?
- 4:21 – How do you keep going when you feel like you’re not good enough?
- 4:41 – Are you going to live with all your Larkin friends next year?
- 4:51 – Why is Larkin the best “hall”?
- 5:30 – Would you suggest actually reading the “Stanford 3 books”?
- 5:37 – What’s BHS?
- 5:48 – How tall are you?
- 5:53 – What extracurricular sports and clubs did you do in high school?
- 6:37 – What’s your ethnicity?
- 6:50 – Which colleges did you apply to? Where did you get in?
- 7:23 – Which clubs did you start with in the 9th grade, and which did you add each year? Did you drop any?
- 7:52 – Tips on staying motivated?
- 8:11 – How did you get into Stanford?
- 8:17 – Who’s your inspiration?
- 8:40 – When and why did you choose Stanford? Was it your dream college when you were younger?
I’m honored people actually give a damn what I think. Hit me up again sometime.
P.S. Ask.fm is great for anonymous questions, but not all submissions have to be interrogatives! Feel free to use it to make suggestions, requests, comments, or any other general feedback on the blog! Remember, CiC is as much about me as it is about you 🙂
*The explanation for the sudden surge of traffic is likely that a link to the ask.fm page got shared somewhere, but I don’t know where that link was posted. If any DRs submitted a question on ask.fm in the past 6 days and followed an external link to get there, I’d love to know where they found it! This kind of information helps me grow the site 🙂 Thanks!! xoxo