Oh good, it worked! You clicked! I had a feeling that title would be pretty enticing…
Ooo, my first update post after going public. Exciting.
Every once in a while, I’ll share an “update post” just jotting down quick bullet points about what’s been going on lately ’round these parts. *spits into a tin bucket* These posts are generally pretty casual and not super heavy reads. (Some examples of past updates: “Updateee“, “An Update from an Einstein Brothers Bagels“, and “URGENT UPDATE“)
- Today I slept through two meetings. They were both between the hours of 6 and 7 PM. I’ve had prouder moments.
- I also skipped the gym today…
- And mass…
- Today was really not my day.
- This week I’ll be on the radio for the first time (:D) My pre-recorded newscast will play on KZSU 90.1 sometime on Wednesday, January 28. More on that soon…
- This Tuesday my dorm is participating in an activity called “Crossing the Line,” in which students are asked to answer difficult questions about their pasts in an open and safe environment.
- From what I understand, a line is drawn on the floor of a large room that divides the room in half. All the participants gather on one side of the line, and the activity organizer will say, for example, “Cross the line if you have ever been depressed.” Then, if you have ever been depressed, you walk to the other side of the room. It’s a two-hour long exercise.
- I’ve heard mixed opinions in anticipation of the event… some people like myself are rather eager to see what sort of crazy places my dormmates are coming from (tbh) but others are apprehensive about sharing such personal details with 98 other people, and understandably so.
- Lately I’ve been going to the gym from 7-8 AM with a couple of the guys in my dorm. They call it The Morning Pump.
- They started doing this a while ago, and have lately been able to convince me to join.
- It is an absolute dragggg getting out of bed at 6:35 AM, but I’ll admit it’s nice to get my workout out of the way nice and early.
- The timing also works out nicely for breakfast at 8:30 AM, which is the ideal breakfastin’ hour a mon avi.
- It’s a good bonding experience, too. You know, growing together through adversity and such. (And nothing is more adverse than cold bike wind slapping you in the face ten minutes after waking up.)
- My brother and I might backpack around Europe this summer. It would be life changing. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that all the details work out. More to come…
- My friends and I are seriously considering opening up our own meth lab to fund a private dorm concert in which Kanye West will headline. Thoughts? “Like” this post if you would buy meth from us!
- I fear I’ve gotten too comfortable lately. I need to get out of my comfort zone. (Afterthought: Maybe Crossing the Line will be perfect for that…) I’m working on something right now that’s pushing me wayyy beyond my comfort zone… and I feel like now I have to say it otherwise this bullet point would be just too damn ironic… ugh…
- Oh screw it. I’m auditioning to be a Dollie. AHHH WHY AM I SAYING THIS. I DON’T OWE YOU PEOPLE ANYTHING.
- The Dollies are a dance group of 5 girls that are part of the university band. They are glorious.
- I have little to no official dance experience, and by little to no I mean none whatsoever.
- I’ve dreamt of being a Dollie since I was a young teenager. I promised myself that if I ever got into this school, I would audition.
- Well, here I am, and now’s my chance. I feel like I owe it to the 13-year old Cath to just close my eyes, bear the sting of being the least experienced person in the room for a while, and just do my best. No regrets, right boys? (I might add that though I don’t have a ton of dance experience, I absolutely love to dance, I have general dance aptitude, and I am more than willing to work my booty off to nail my audition.)
- Lol I cannot believe I’m about to put this on the internet.
- OK I THINK THAT’S ENOUGH FOR TONIGHT.
Sleep well darlings.